Flapjacks are one of my favourite things to make because not only are they super tasty but they are really quick and simple to make.
Here’s the recipe for how I make mine…
100g soft brown sugar
4 tablespoons Golden Syrup
250g rolled oats
How to make
1. Pre heat your oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4.
2. Over a low heat, combine the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan. Stir occasionally until melted.
3. Stir in the oats until coated. At this point you can add in other ingredients such as raisins or cherries, etc or you can keep it simple and plain.
4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and pour in the mixture so it is about 2cm thick and place in oven for 30 minutes or until golden on top.
5. Remove from oven, cut into squares and leave to cool. Once cooled, eat and enjoy!
If you are in a bit of a naughty mood you can always melt a little chocolate on top too.
And there you have it, quick and simple flapjacks in 5 easy steps. Don’t forget to let me know how you get on.
What is your favourite comfort food?
Pin it for later: